BrokeBerry

Attack Computer Wiz

A Security & Technology Weblog

For the first time in a while I went to Costco over the weekend. Near the pharmacy I located 3 medium sized trash receptacles with padlocks on them. Upon closer inspection these bins are being provided for customers to place their confidential materials for destruction.

Who in their right mind would take confidential document (used checks, bank statements, utility bills, credit card information, etc.) to Costco, dump them in a bin with a $4 lock on it, and walk away. Well, plenty of people it seems, all three bins were no less than two thirds full. Not a single observer asked any questions of me when I stuck my camera phone inside one of the bins and snapped a photo (3 photos actually). I wonder if they would have said anything if I grabbed a handful of paperwork? I would pass on this service, thanks, but no thanks!

http://www.recall.com/

user Posted by Mike Wright

| More

0 comments

Post a Comment