BrokeBerry

Attack Computer Wiz

A Security & Technology Weblog

It does not happen everyday, but every now and then a major website takes a dive. As I type, Yahoo.com is dead in the water! Beginning at approximately 1418 hours Pacific time Yahoo.com went offline. If you get anything, you will see the very ambiguous statement "Server Hangup" in bold letters.

A report from downforeveryoneorjustme.com confirms that Yahoo is broken.

I have not see any details or information on what is causing the outage or what the expected return of Yahoo.com will be. I will post any updates as I find them.




Photobucket

Screen shot of the server error.





Photobucket
Screen shot of Down for Everyone result.




Update 1445: PC World is now reporting the outage with about as many details as I provide.

Update 1452: Here is a statement from Yahoo I found at The Wall Street Journal:
    "For a brief period this afternoon, Yahoo.com was inaccessible to some users. We have identified the issue and are working to correct it immediately. We know that this may have caused some inconvenience and we apologize to our users who might have been affected."

Update 1500: Looks like Yahoo is back in business. I wonder how much revenue is lost in 42 minutes?

user Posted by Mike Wright

| More

0 comments

Post a Comment