BrokeBerry

Attack Computer Wiz

A Security & Technology Weblog

I am not usually one to jump to a new flashy product on day one of its release. But the Apple iPad, in my opinion, is not your normal day one, generation one device. In my eyes the iPad could in fact be viewed as the fourth generation of the iPhone/iPod Touch. So, with that in mind, I did not concern myself too much about the fact that I became an ‘Apple Zombie Lemming Robot’ with everyone else standing to get one. Of course, with that said, I did wait until 4 in the afternoon to go down to my local Best Buy to pick mine up, no camping for me!

Apple iPad: 10 Things I Love About You

  1. Fast: The operating system is very fast and responsive. You have very little wait between actions and very short load times.
  2. Big: The screen is big, not too big, and very easy to see and read.
  3. Bright: The screen is bright which makes light and low light viewing wonderful.
  4. iTunes Onboard: With iTunes built in you can access your podcasts (like the Attack Computer Wiz Podcast) and other subscriptions straight from the device.
  5. iTunes App Store Onboard: Same as above, in order to search, install, and buy applications you do not need your computer. It can be done straight from the device.
  6. On Screen Keyboard: The keyboard in very big and responsive. No more fat fingering keys!
  7. Blue Tooth: Blue Tooth built in means that you can use blue tooth devices such as input devices, head phones, and hands free devices. Which leads me to my next “Love”…
  8. Skype: The Skype application is free from the App Store and coupled with a blue tooth hands free device makes for free Wi-Fi Skype to Skype and low cost Skype out calls.
  9. HD Video: High video quality for high quality videos. Meaning, if you have a HD or high bit rate video it is going to look superb on the iPad.
  10. Pinch or Zoom-in/Zoom-out: The technology for zooming-in and zooming-out, especially when reading an eBook or surfing the web it spectacular. Very smooth and very fast all without losing much, or any, image quality.

My conclusion: If you are considering purchasing an iPad, but are concerned about it being a first generation device, don’t worry too much about that. I don’t think we will see the bugs and problems that you may see with other first generation devices. This is a tried and true technology that has already seen three generations in the iPhone and iPod touch.

And lastly, at least in my region, the supply was sufficient for the demand. When I swiped my no interest for 18 months credit card, Best Buy still had 4, 7, and 9 of the 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB version left (respectively).
If you are interested, I opted for the 32 GB version.

This concludes the 10 Things I Love, please see my other post “Apple iPad: 10 Things I Hate About You

*This post sent form my iPad :)*

user Posted by Mike Wright

| More

0 comments

Post a Comment