The replacement for AdminPack.msi is called Remote Server Administration
Tools or RSAT. It is a little bit different in Windows 8 than it was on Windows 7. These tools can be used to manage servers running Windows 2012. They can also manage Windows 2008/2008R2 and 2003, though limitations may apply.
In order to install and configure these tools on Windows 8 follow the below instructions.
- Download and Install the appropriate package from this link, Download Link
- Return to your "Start" screen and you will see the new feature "Server Manager".
- Click on "Server Manager" and in the upper right corner click on "Tools". This is where your RSAT tools are.
If you if find that there are too many tools here that you do not need to use, simply follow the below steps to remove the unwanted options.
- Click on Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Click on "Turn Windows features on or off".
- Expand the "Remote Server Administration Tools".
- Now choose any or all of the tools that you wish to disable from this workstation and Click OK.
John "Mike" Wright